This no-egg muffin recipe is so versatile! It starts with ripe bananas. I added in shredded coconut, but you can add in whatever you want: diced peaches, apples, raisins, toasted chopped pecans, chocolate chips, you name it!
I wanted to keep the ingredients super simple so here’s what I came up with:
No Egg Banana Coconut Muffins
- 2 – 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- ~1 cup brown sugar (or white sugar, or white sugar + a spoonful of molasses), use more or less to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Mix ingredients then spoon batter into greased muffin tin for muffins or into a loaf pan if you want to make it into a sweet bread.
- Preheat oven to ~375°
- Bake until you can stick a toothpick in them and it comes out clean
Note: the temperature and baking time can vary to taste, and is also dependent on what additional ingredients you may choose to use.
Here’s how I make my own vanilla extract: https://www.oldtimeknowledge.com/make-your-own-vanilla-extract/
Here’s how you can make self-rising flour from all purpose flour: For every cup of all purpose flour, add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon table salt.
Easy Lemon Chicken Piccata
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHICKEN
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt Add more to taste when done
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Add more if needed
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Chicken Broth I use chicken stock base + water
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Capers, drained
- Preheat oven to 180º F (or no more than 200º F) to keep chicken warm once it's cooked.
- Mix 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup salt then lightly dust diced chicken.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet and cook chicken until done. Don't crowd the pan. Cook in batches and keep cooked chicken warm in oven.
- Once chicken is done, use same pan on low or medium low to heat garlic until fragrant. (Note: If pan has a bunch of oil in it when you're done cooking chicken, blot some out with paper towels. If the bottom of the pan has too much flour stuck to the bottom so that the whole bottom of the pan is brown, you might actually need to clean the pan a bit before adding a bit more oil. Too much of anything is going to make a less-than-pleasant sauce.)
- As soon as garlic is fragrant, add 1 cup chicken broth and continue to stir, breaking up bits of flour at bottom of pan. Continue cooking until it begins to thicken. Once thickened, add lemon juice. Stir and continue heating. Just before you're ready to serve, add butter to melt and and add in capers and heat through.
- Heat up pasta sauce in a separate bowl.
- Once pasta is cooked, assemble everything and serve. Pasta with pasta sauce. Chicken beside it with lemon caper sauce.