Why are there so many chocolate chip cookie recipes online? In my opinion, this is the only one you need! 🍪 This is THE BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe, and it’s right off the back of the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip bag. It’s the same recipe that can be found on the Nestle Toll House Recipe Collection from 1987 (and probably earlier.)
I suspect most folks who have made chocolate chip cookies have used THIS recipe, but if you haven’t, you really should try it. It’s the original!
- 2¼ cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add in all dry ingredients except chocolate chips, mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips, mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375º until golden brown, or to your desired doneness.
- Enjoy those cookies!