We LOVE this no-boil lasagna recipe. You can use regular lasagna noodles. You don’t have to buy the “oven-ready” kind. I first learned about this decades ago because my aunt used to make it for family reunions. I couldn’t believe it when she told me it was the recipe from the back of a Mueller’s pasta box!
Here’s the easy no-boil lasagna recipe!
This is the full recipe, exactly as it appeared on boxes of Mueller’s lasagna decades ago:
8 oz. (1/2) package Mueller’s® Lasagne, uncooked
15 oz. Ricotta cheese or 2 cups cottage cheese
2 cups Mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
6 1/2 cups (52 ounces) of your favorite pasta sauce
1 lb. ground beef or Italian sausage, cooked and drained
1 tsp. parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In medium bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and eggs; mix well.
- In separate bowl, add browned meat to pasta sauce; mix well
- Spread 1 cup of meat sauce mixture in 9″ x 13″ pan
- Place 1/3 of the uncooked Lasagne noodles over sauce. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over noodles, top with 1/3 of meat sauce mixture.
- Repeat layering. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce mixture.
- Cover with foil. Bake 55 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with reserved Mozzarella cheese and parsley flakes.
8 Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
For more recipes, go here.
Catch more old school recipe videos here.