We LOVE this no-boil lasagna recipe. You can use regular lasagna noodles. You don’t have to buy the “oven-ready” kind. I first learned about this decades ago because my aunt used to make it for family reunions. I couldn’t believe it when she told me it was the recipe from the back of a Mueller’s pasta box!
Here’s the easy no-boil lasagna recipe!
This is the full recipe, exactly as it appeared on boxes of Mueller’s lasagna decades ago:
Classic Mueller’s No-Boil Lasagna
Save a step with this easy, wonderful lasagna recipe that doesn't require you to boil the pasta before assembling the dish to bake.
- 8 oz Mueller’s® Lasagne (1/2) package, uncooked
- 15 oz ricotta cheese (or 2 cups cottage cheese)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 6½ cups your favorite pasta sauce (52 oz.)
- 1 lb ground beef or Italian sausage cooked and drained
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In medium bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and eggs; mix well.
- In separate bowl, add browned meat to pasta sauce; mix well
- Spread 1 cup of meat sauce mixture in 9″ x 13″ pan
- Place 1/3 of the uncooked Lasagne noodles over sauce. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over noodles, top with 1/3 of meat sauce mixture.
- Repeat layering. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce mixture.
- Cover with foil. Bake 55 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with reserved Mozzarella cheese and parsley flakes.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
For more recipes, go here.
Catch more old school recipe videos here.