Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
This easy key lime pie is a perfect summer treat! I guess you could say this is the sister of the Atlantic Beach Pie (https://youtu.be/iq-uGW3ofCc) that I posted a few months ago. The ingredients are virtually identical! The only difference is substituting lime juice for lemon juice and the key lime pie gets one less egg yolk. (I’m not sure why, but the recipe for the key lime pie only calls for 3 egg yolks whereas the Atlantic Beach Pie calls for 4.)
You can certainly play around with the ingredients. If the lime flavor is too strong, you can use about 1/3 cup lime juice instead of 1/2 cup. Or you can create a blend of lemon and lime juice!
However you make it, I hope you enjoy it and you’ll let me know what you think in the comments below.
1 1/2 sleeves of saltine crackers
1/2 cup softened butter
3 tablespoons sugar
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks
½ cup lime juice
- Crush saltines well, but not into a fine powder. Add sugar and butter and mix together until you can squeeze some of the mixture in your hand and it holds a shape.
- Press saltine mixture into pie dish and chill for a few minutes.
- BAKE PIE CRUST at 350º for about 10 minutes for a crispy crust, then while it cools, mix pie filling.
- Mix together egg yolks, lime juice, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour pie filling into crust and bake in 350º oven for about 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator and let it chill completely. This pie should be served very cold.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream or your favorite whipped topping.
NOTE: If you prefer, you can make a meringue topping for the pie instead of using whipped cream or other whipped topping. Watch my Chocolate Pie video for instructions on how to make meringue topping. https://youtu.be/6G-1TsIillM