These are the BEST EVER Cheddar Biscuits! (Use any kind of cheese you like!) They are sure to impress your family & friends! 😍 You like Cheddar Bo biscuits from Bojangles? You will LOVE THESE! I’m not even kidding. These are made differently than the fluffy biscuit video you might have already seen. You will have to handle the dough a little bit more, but don’t let that worry you. These biscuits are meant to hug right around that melty cheese on the inside.
2 cups self-rising flour (I love Daily Bread self-rising flour)
5 Tbsp. cold butter
2/3 to 3/4 cup milk
Enough cheese to go in all the biscuits
- Preheat oven to 475º and make sure it is up to that temperature for at least 20 minutes before you are ready to bake.
- Mix together all ingredients, beginning with flour and butter, then add in the milk.
- Work dough until it is all together in a nice ball. You aren’t kneading it like you would yeast bread, but you do need to press the dough together so it’s all sticking and holding together well.
- Pinch off a ball of dough, flatten it on your hand, and press some cheese in the center. Pull the edges of the dough up around the cheese and pinch together before putting the seams face down on your baking pan.
- Once you have all biscuits on pan ready to go, bake them for about 10 minutes or until tops begin to brown.
- As soon as you take biscuits out of the oven, brush tops with butter.
- Wait about 5 minutes or so before serving.
Here is the grater I use: https://amzn.to/3QGSPeC
Here are some of my other biscuit videos:
How to make Perfect, Fluffy Biscuits every time
Sweet Potato Biscuits
Traditional Buttermilk Biscuits
Sausage Gravy & Biscuits