Karaage, or Japanese style chicken nuggets, are delicious and so easy to make. Serve with a side of steamed rice. The kids will love this recipe — you will too!
This recipe comes from THE MANGA COOKBOOK by Yoko Ishihara (https://amzn.to/3oyz7Tw).
In the video’s introduction, I also mention movies like Ponyo and My Neighbor Totoro. Both are now available on Amazon Prime:
Ponyo – https://amzn.to/3lXoh7R
My Neighbor Totoro – https://amzn.to/36YfQFe
Karaage Recipe INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp minced garlic (or two cloves of garlic, crushed)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup corn starch
Karaage Recipe INSTRUCTIONS
- Dice chicken thighs into pieces about 1″ or so.
- In a large ziploc bag, combine garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Add chicken and marinate for about 20 mintues.
- In a separate bag, start with about 1/2 cup corn starch and start adding marinated chicken pieces. Close bag and shake to coat pieces. Add more starch as needed until you are able to coat all of the pieces of chicken.
- Fry chicken pieces in hot oil until done.
- Serve with a side of steamed rice. Enjoy!
Check out more of my recipes here: https://www.oldtimeknowledge.com/category/blog/recipes/