Learn sausage gravy Recipe!
This is super easy process and once you’ve tasted this delicious recipe, you’ll never want to go back to restaurant sausage gravy again! (Quick tip: The principles of this are how you make any gravy. Combine a fat and flour to make a roux, then add desired liquid, stir and heat until it begins to thicken, and serve.)
There are a few ways for Sausage Gravy Recipe:
- You can use the grease from the sausage as the base for your gravy.
- You can use bacon grease as the base and just crumble in some sausage.
- My preferred method is to use butter as a base for my sausage gravy, and then I crumble up some broken pieces of sausage.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk (more if needed)
- sausage (as much as desired)
- Salt, pepper, and seasonings to taste (I like to add cayenne pepper.)
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Stir in flour to make a roux. Add in broken pieces of sausage and stir until all well combined.
- Pour in milk, stir slowly over medium heat until gravy begins to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and if desired, sprinkle in some cayenne pepper.
- When gravy is ready to serve, turn off burner. If you want to serve more and it is starting to thicken up, just add a little bit more milk and stir in well.
- Ladle gravy over split biscuits and serve hot.