This is the easiest jam recipe ever! It’s a one-to-one ratio of crushed berries to sugar. You’ll love this homemade strawberry jam recipe! (See your correct water bath processing time below.)
In this case, 4 cups of crushed strawberries (about 2 lbs fresh) to 4 cups of sugar. Yield: 5 half-pints
Process in a water bath canner for the appropriate time based on your elevation:
- 0-1000 ft / 5 minutes
- 1001-6000 ft / 10 minutes
- Above 6000 ft / 15 minutes
Strawberry Jam without added pectin
- 4 cups crushed strawberries (takes about 2 quart boxes strawberries)
- 4 cups sugar
- To prepare fruit. Sort and wash the strawberries; remove any stems and caps. Crush the berries
- To make jam. Measure crushed strawberries into a kettle. Add sugar and stir well. Boil rapidly, stirring constantly, to 9° F. above the boiling point of water, or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat; skim and stir alternately for 5 minutes. Ladle jam into hot containers and seal immediately.
Here’s my chopper (Made in the USA!) https://amzn.to/3PI7p4l
You might also like this Peach Jam video https://youtu.be/VJoRtr4JpTE
More favorite canning recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJoRtr4JpTE&list=PLcyZYj2Dr9a5f2mdQmSL6D0848NhgLy5O
Like canning recipes? Find more here!
Click here for more recipes.