This is my grandmother’s recipe for Sweet Potato Fluff, a real family favorite at Thanksgiving, Christmas, or anytime.
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Fluff
- 4 cups sweet potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. vanilla (or less if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bake the sweet potatoes. Set aside and cool until you can handle them, then peel them.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a spoon or fork to mix the sweet potatoes and butter together.
- Add sugar, nutmeg, and vanilla and mix well.
- Spray cooking spray in square Pyrex dish or a pie dish.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into dish and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Take baked sweet potato mixture out of the oven and add marshmallows to the top. Return to oven and bake for about 5 to 7 more minutes, or if your oven isn’t browning the marshmallows, you can turn on the broiler for about a minute. Just keep an eye on the Sweet Potato Fluff so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let it rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.