Learn how to pressure can boneless chicken breast and stock your pantry up for healthy convenience at a budget price!
Boneless, skinless chicken breast is probably one of the best, most convenient items you can add can boneless chicken breast recipe. It can be used in a wide variety of quick, easy-to-make meals, such as:
- Chicken salad
- Chicken enchiladas
- Shredded chicken Philly sandwiches
- Quick and easy homemade chicken noodle soup
- & much more!
I have to say “THANK YOU!” to Leisa Sutton of Suttons Daze for giving me the nerve to start canning meats a while back. I have now made multiple batches of this and other meats and I wonder why I didn’t start doing this sooner.
Here are some other links that may be of interest:
- Pressure canning bone-in chicken breast
- Quick chicken and pastry (aka chicken & dumplings)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation (Canning Poultry & Meats)
DIJON Can Boneless Chicken Breast RECIPE
(for dark meat pressure canned chicken; can also be used with freshly cooked chicken leg quarters)
- Saute a finely chopped shallot or onion until soft, then deglaze pan with white wine or chicken stock.
- Whisk in 2-3 heaping tablespoons of Dijon mustard and about 1 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream.
- Put the chicken pieces (for pressure canned chicken legs, thighs, or leg quarters) into the mustard mix, then simmer until chicken is heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Taste & adjust salt & pepper if needed.
- Add chopped parsley if desired & serve over rice, noodles, or potatoes.