Naan Bread Recipe
I have tried a lot of Naan bread recipes in my day. This is the one I settled on a few years ago and we absolutely love it. It’s easy and it’s perfect! We love this with butter chicken curry or just about anything, really.
Here’s how to make it.
1 tsp. sugar
2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast (1 packet)
1/2 cup warm water (about 105º F)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. neutral oil (I typically use canola)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I use Greek yogurt)
some oil for greasing the skillet
- Mix together sugar, yeast, and water. Stir and wait until it starts to bubble a bit. (You’re making sure the yeast is active.)
- Add flour, salt, and oil. Mix into other ingredients.
- Add yogurt. Continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated, then start working with your hands.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured counter or dough board and knead dough until smooth and pliable. It usually takes me about 10 minutes or so. (You can also use stand mixer with dough hook or bread machine to mix the dough.)
- Once dough is smooth and pliable, form into ball and let it rest in greased bowl covered with either damp kitchen towel or plastic grocery bag until dough has doubled in size.
- Once dough has risen, sprinkle a little flour on counter or dough board and divide dough into 8 balls.
- Roll out and cook in greased skillet until puffy and brown spots appear on both sides. Keep warm in kitchen towel until ready to serve.
Also check out Hamburger Buns Recipe.