This quick and easy banana pudding recipe is the perfect dessert to whip up on short notice. Chances are you’ll have most of these items on hand anyway!
Banana pudding is one of the quintessential southern desserts. It doesn’t have to be complicated. This recipe only calls for five ingredients: Jello vanilla pudding (2 boxes), milk (4 cups), 2 bananas, about 36 vanilla wafers, and Cool Whip. It only takes about 5 minutes to whip up and then just leave it in the fridge for about 20 minutes or so before serving.
Watch the video and you’ll see how easy this recipe is, and you can easily modify it for a much larger amount if needed. I’ve found this recipe size is just perfect for our family.
Quick and Easy Banana Pudding Recipe and Nutrition Facts
Quick and Easy Banana Pudding
- 2 boxes Jello vanilla pudding (banana-flavored pudding can be used if preferred)
- 4 cups milk
- 1 box Vanilla wafers
- 2-3 bananas
- Line bottom of square casserole dish with vanilla wafers.
- Mix up one box of vanilla pudding. Spoon pudding over top of vanilla wafers.
- Slice up one banana on top of that layer.
- Line sides of casserole dish with vanilla wafers to create the outer "crust."
- Mix up another box of vanilla pudding and spoon over the top of what is there.
- Slice up another banana on top and press pieces down into pudding and smooth over with more pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with Cool Whip. (You can add Cool Whip to the top of the whole banana pudding or you can serve it individually on top if some don't like Cool Whip.)
Lighten up this recipe with these substitutions:
- Instead of regular Jello Vanilla pudding mix, use Jello Sugar-free Vanilla pudding mix
- Instead of whole milk, use 2% or skim milk
- Instead of Cool Whip, use one of the lower calorie versions, or ditch the whipped topping altogether