Snow Buttons, aka Mexican Wedding Cookies, aka Danish Wedding Cookies, aka Snowballs, aka “Snow Crescents,” are a wonderful Christmas cookie to put on your Christmas recipes 2020 bake list! They look like they’ve been rolled in fresh driven snow.
These are ideal with a nice cup of coffee or hot tea!
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (plus more for dusting)
- 10 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ice water
- Cream butter and powdered sugar together with mixer
- Add rest of ingredients, mix well
- Using teaspoon sized amounts, form little round cookies and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 300º for about 30 minutes or until done. Do not overcook. They should not brown.
- As soon as they are removed from oven, roll in powdered sugar. Enjoy!