These delicious sweet potato biscuits have only six ingredients: self-rising flour, butter, sugar, nutmeg, sweet potato, and milk. They are easy to make and will be a nice surprise at the supper table for Thanksgiving or any time of the year.
Sweet Potato Biscuits Ingredients
3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
6 Tbsp. butter
1 cup sweet potato
Nutmeg (a few sprinkles)
About 2/3 cup of milk (a tiny bit more if needed)
Sweet Potato Biscuits Instructions
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until well blended.
- Mash up cooked sweet potato with a fork.
- Use fork to mix mashed sweet potato (about a cup*) to the flour mixture
- Once sweet potato is well-mixed into flour mixture, add milk. Stir in at first with a fork, then gently use your hands to mix the dough until all of the flour mixture is incorporated with the milk and it is holding together into a workable dough. *** DO NOT KNEAD YOUR BISCUIT DOUGH. ***
- Once it is workable, either pinch off biscuits or using a cookie cutter to cut out desired biscuit size and place on to parchment-lined pan. (You can just grease a cookie sheet if you like, but I prefer parchment paper for baking.)
- Bake at 450º for about 12-15 minutes. Just check on the biscuits. They’ll start browning a bit on top when they are done.
- You can add more if you like. Just play with it, but be careful not to add too much as it will change the texture of your biscuits.
How to Make Perfect, Fluffy Biscuits Every Time!
Amazon Associate links:
These are the cookie/biscuit cutters I use: https://amzn.to/36aolN5
This is my go-to parchment paper. I get it on Subscribe & Save at Amazon https://amzn.to/377u2ui