These delicious sweet potato biscuits have only six ingredients: self-rising flour, butter, sugar, nutmeg, sweet potato, and milk. They are easy to make and will be a nice surprise at the supper table for Thanksgiving or any time of the year.
Sweet Potato Biscuits Ingredients
3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
6 Tbsp. butter
1 cup sweet potato
Nutmeg (a few sprinkles)
About 2/3 cup of milk (a tiny bit more if needed)
Sweet Potato Biscuits Instructions
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until well blended.
- Mash up cooked sweet potato with a fork.
- Use fork to mix mashed sweet potato (about a cup*) to the flour mixture
- Once sweet potato is well-mixed into flour mixture, add milk. Stir in at first with a fork, then gently use your hands to mix the dough until all of the flour mixture is incorporated with the milk and it is holding together into a workable dough. *** DO NOT KNEAD YOUR BISCUIT DOUGH. ***
- Once it is workable, either pinch off biscuits or using a cookie cutter to cut out desired biscuit size and place on to parchment-lined pan. (You can just grease a cookie sheet if you like, but I prefer parchment paper for baking.)
- Bake at 450º for about 12-15 minutes. Just check on the biscuits. They’ll start browning a bit on top when they are done.
- You can add more if you like. Just play with it, but be careful not to add too much as it will change the texture of your biscuits.